Country

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Tesla will certainly announce later today profitability for Q3 however it was the result of a concentrated "push" to clear as much inventory (showroom and loaner cars) before the Autopilot 2.0 announcement. The timing of both is not a coincidence.

However I think that Tesla will continue to not show profits for some time due to the ongoing growth and expansion. Not until the Gigafactory is complete and Model 3 has been out for 2-3 years. The media will continue to harp on Tesla for the foreseeable future.

Sorry for the negativism in this post but it's just reality as I see it. This is a long game that Tesla is playing here.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Don't feel bad, Trev. I agree with you and had picked up on the inventory effects this quarter from some of the earlier articles. Key will be the continued ability to finance the growth yet I have quite some confidence in Elon's ability to manage that! As we said several times, one of the most important CSF is delivering on the expected/promised timeline on Model ≡!
Patiently keeping my fingers crossed!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I listened to the Q3 2016 earnings call. A lot was said about cars ordered and delivered in the quarter. I didn't hear anythin about how power wall, power pack added to their earnings.
Does anyone know the numbers on these products.
Thanks.

I think the stock is highly undervalued, at this point back to where it was just before the Model 3 reveal. Investors are skittish and foolish, still trying to factor the cost of oil into this. It's like they can't see very far ahead.

Michael Russo

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Another piece of work from one of the infamous Seeking Alpha app, always wrapped in the typical pseudo-'I know what I am talking about, yet don't think I'm paid by anyone' type of garbage argumentation... crazy...
Of course somebody out there will fall for this... though I trust none of us at M3OC!! :)

Tesla's Model 3 Base Price Will Be $15,000 Higher Than Musk Claims $TSLA
http://www.seekingalpha.com/article/4025612

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Another piece of work from one of the infamous Seeking Alpha app, always wrapped in the typical pseudo-'I know what I am talking about, yet don't think I'm paid by anyone' type of garbage argumentation... crazy...
Of course somebody out there will fall for this... though I trust none of us at M3OC!! :)

Tesla's Model 3 Base Price Will Be $15,000 Higher Than Musk Claims $TSLA
http://www.seekingalpha.com/article/4025612
What a useless article.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The major incorrect assumption this author makes is that the only benefit of "scale" is to spread R&D costs over more cars. He's completely ignoring the fact that the type of automation and "ease of manufacturing" that the Model 3 will introduce (compared to the current models) will severely curtail per-vehicle costs.

Michael Russo

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Not useless if scares people from going EV/T3sla Or makes some withdraw reservation money.
Maybe that's the point
Of course that is the point!!! Yet doubt those behind this will be successful! That is why T≡SLA are working (relatively) quietly behind the scene to deliver on time and at the quoted price this time around! I don't think they will under-deliver on Model ≡ which is likely to remain for long one of the most successful car launches in a while!

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My kids (teenagers) never spend their allowance (they only ever play video games & watch youtube - they don't really want "stuff" like I always did as a kid). So they asked if they could buy some TSLA. I opened UTMA accounts for each of them, and they have 5 shares each now.

Michael Russo

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
My kids (teenagers) never spend their allowance (they only ever play video games & watch youtube - they don't really want "stuff" like I always did as a kid). So they asked if they could buy some TSLA. I opened UTMA accounts for each of them, and they have 5 shares each now.
What a great Dad you are!!! You're raising them well!! Big kudos!! :)

Michael Russo

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Now that is quite a range!! One of my golden rules is 'the truth is always in between' and it will also probably apply in this case!! :)
Though I have no cristal ball, I wouldn't be surprise if TSLA is not well above $300 in a year after they will have successfully launched MODEL ≡ by September and delivered 20-30k by YE17... !!!! This is the point I wish I had $5-10k to bet myself on this...

A $55B gap between two Street views on Tesla
http://www.seekingalpha.com/news/3228320