1. It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

TuneIn “Loading Error”

Discussion in 'Software and Firmware' started by atebit, Mar 9, 2018.

1. atebit

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Anybody else seeing this? Stations play fine from my TuneIn account on my phone.

2. rsbell

Expand Collapse

Country
    Yes I’ve noticed this as well. Usually goes away after a few minutes, but it seems the best way to fix it is to switch to a Slacker station then back to the Tunein station. Might be just coincidental, though.

3. atebit

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Yes, that’s my usual remedy as well, but it wasn’t working at the time. It took over an hour to sort itself out. I probably should’ve just given it the two scroll wheel salute.

4. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Founder M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model X
    Country
    I had the same issue on our X as well. Some stations just won't come up no matter what I do (usually podcasts)

5. Brokedoc

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model X
    Country
    This is a common and apparently unfixable (or low priority) bug for Tesla OS.

My biggest peeve was the lack of AM radio so I couldn't listen to Bloomberg business news. The TuneIn Bloomberg radio channel wouldn't load no matter what. Then I happened to be searching other things and found a different Bloomberg "channel" - The avatar is slightly different. This seems to work most of the time. When I get the loading error, I simply switch to a different channel on TuneIn and switch back and it's fixed but frustrating because it happens often - at least once per day and I'm not in the car that much.

6. Stringcheese

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    It seems like it would be nice. But Tunein has a very limited selection of podcasts and well over 3/4 of the ones they do have won’t load for me. Good thing it is very easy to use my phone with the media player.

Hopefully they fix this at some point- but not a huge deal /priority

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RichK

Expand Collapse

Country
    For us long-time Tesla fans it may not be a big deal, but when they start rolling Model 3s out to folks that are just looking for an electric car, problems like this one will be significant negatives, the digital equivalent of "fit and finish". They won't have as much patience for this as us early adopters do.

For that reason, I appreciate that Tesla has limited the software capabilities at the start. But they need to quash more bugs within even that limited release in order to get new owners to see this car as an all-around amazing driving experience.

8. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    this is on the podcaster to get their show posted to TuneIn. if there is something you listen to regularly, ask that person to add their podcast to TuneIn.

9. Stringcheese

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    You aren't wrong... but realistically I've been listening to podcasts for over 10 years and just started using TuneIn this week in the car. That seems like a decent time commitment based off the list I've accumulated. They definitely need to make the ones they have work first. Point taken tho!

10. atebit

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    TuneIn stability seems a little bit better for me for the last few days. I’m thinking maybe a minor fixit release was pushed out early last week. I had turned the car on at one point & the player’s volume level was blasting, GPS was magically muted, map perspective had reset to “North”, etc...all good indications that continuous “something” was afoot earlier.

: popcorn

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sam Diego

Expand Collapse

Country
    Has anyone been able to have longer podcasts successfully resume after leaving the car for a few hours and returning? Mine always restart from scratch and never saves it's spot... Very annoying.

12. LUXMAN

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    So far no. Same thing here

13. Stringcheese

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I got an answer as to why some (all my music) podcasts were not playing for me during a visit to the SC. There is a known bug where music/ podcasts over 192kbps won’t load. It will be addressed at some point. FYI

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1