Ultra white seats

I'd like to hear from model x owners who have opted in for the ultra white synthetic leather seats and have had them for a while. If you happen to wear dark clothing, like black pants or jeans for example, does the color tend to wear into the white seats? If so, what do you use to keep it clean?

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I'd be curious to know too. I hear from some on YouTube who do have them that they are indeed stain resistant but some colour transfer does happen.

I'll ask a friend in Calgary to make a video and report back.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I'd be curious to know too. I hear from some on YouTube who do have them that they are indeed stain resistant but some colour transfer does happen.

Please do that, Trev. All I know is I have ivory leather seats on my X5 and would never take that again... Also I was talking to a friendly T≡SLA rep (aren't they all?! ;)) who was charging a Model X P90D at a nearby SC. It had the ultra while leather seats and he did confirm that some color staining does occur... so question remains as to whether synthetic leather is less prone to that than leather... which seems iffy to me...
If white synthetic remains as the only standard case, that may definitively push a lot of us to the leather/premium seat option... Let's see...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
there's a few threads on TMC on the Ultra White seats showing some seatbelt lubricant staining (orange), some indigo from jeans transferring, dirty white stitching, some weird wrinkles forming on non seating areas and the perforated fabric tearing at the seams.
I'd say the indigo transfer is the least of the issues with Ultra White and has been reported to be removed with a 'Mr Clean' type abrasive sponge
here's an example of each...

Michael Russo

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
there's a few threads on TMC on the Ultra White seats showing some seatbelt lubricant staining (orange), some indigo from jeans transferring, dirty white stitching, some weird wrinkles forming on non seating areas and the perforated fabric tearing at the seams.
I'd say the indigo transfer is the least of the issues with Ultra White and has been reported to be removed with a 'Mr Clean' type abrasive sponge
here's an example of each...

Yep... black it will be for Midnight S≡R≡NITY!:cool:

Thank you for all the feedback! I'd definitely like to see a video of someone cleaning the color staining if possible. But it doesn't look too terrible to maintain. I think I'll still probably opt in for this seating option and coloration.

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
OOh yuck. Not sure if that's just normal wear and tear or some people are not cleaning up regularly.

I don't care for black seats myself, too stark, but white is the other extreme. I sure hope Tesla brings back grey seats for the Model 3 because that's what I want in mine.

My Lincoln has this interior colour scheme (espresso seats/dash with beige leather trim)

Michael Russo

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
OOh yuck. Not sure if that's just normal wear and tear or some people are not cleaning up regularly.

I don't care for black seats myself, too stark, but white is the other extreme. I sure hope Tesla brings back grey seats for the Model 3 because that's what I want in mine.

My Lincoln has this interior colour scheme (espresso seats/dash with beige leather trim)

@TrevP , why would anyone want to trade a beautiful looking car like that?! :p

Ryan

Country
Country
To clarify, Michael: I am 99% sure that Model X has never had ultra white leather seats. They've been synthetic from Day 1. The white interior on the handful of Signature Model S cars is real leather, however.

Please do that, Trev. All I know is I have ivory leather seats on my X5 and would never take that again... Also I was talking to a friendly T≡SLA rep (aren't they all?! ;)) who was charging a Model X P90D at a nearby SC. It had the ultra while leather seats and he did confirm that some color staining does occur... so question remains as to whether synthetic leather is less prone to that than leather... which seems iffy to me...
If white synthetic remains as the only standard case, that may definitively push a lot of us to the leather/premium seat option... Let's see...

Michael Russo

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
To clarify, Michael: I am 99% sure that Model X has never had ultra white leather seats. They've been synthetic from Day 1. The white interior on the handful of Signature Model S cars is real leather, however.
Oh... thanks! then the rep must have taken me for a fool... I'll have to go to the Store and put it right..! In any case, the ultra white looks real' good... when new...! As always everyone will make their choice, according to their preference... and willingness to scrub! ;)

Michael Russo

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
How about a dark red interior ? like this Lexus.....any takers

View attachment 847
Midnight S≡R≡NITY - as the name suggests ...;) - will be Midnight Silver... Ultra White would be cool... yet too wear sensitive... Agree with @MelindaV that red leather could work yet I am not sure if it would not be overbearing to me in the long run... am kinda with @TrevP and would opt for grey if available again, black as fallback... safer choice... but to each her/his own... :)

Correct, the bright red exterior does not match the darker interior. I like the dark red interior because it's slightly retro. Goes nicely with silver as in the Ferrari below. Might suite the M3.
330e093840cfb1af243310fa1d1b8031.jpg

Last edited:

Badback

Valued Community Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
My pick would be a tan interior, a compromise between heat absorption and dirt masking. And so called 'vegan' of course.

(Since no one mentioned it, I think: cows are vegan. But I really want a polyurethane material)

Last edited:

MichelT3

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
How about a dark red interior ? like this Lexus.....any takers

View attachment 847
I have a white convertible with a dark red Connolly leather interior, which I like a lot. My red is significantly darker and less flashy than this one though.

Since I will be going for a Deep Blue car (assuming Signature Red won't be available) red leather interior could be possible too.
In general I'm not impressed by the colours of Tesla interiors. I hate White. Tesla's Tan is a dubious tint and Grey is soooo dull! Should I be outrageous and choose Red? Or maybe I simply go Black.
But a nice and durable mixed grey/black fabric will be okay by me too.

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country

Friend in Calgary finally came through for us with a 6 month update. They have 4 kids.

Michael Russo

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Friend in Calgary finally came through for us with a 6 month update. They have 4 kids.
Thanks, Trev. Bottom line, seems acceptable with frequent care (the lady seems detail oriented ;)), yet 6 months is still fresh - how will it be after 3 years... or longer?
Nope... I'll stick to black... but to each her/his own! :cool:

Michael Russo

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
For those who like ultra white, vegan seats... another input from a family of four, with two young kids... including nice summary of the good & the bad at the end of the close to 8' video...