Update Notification on WOW Gateway connected TV

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

rodwed

Country
Country
This is strange. Last night we received a Model 3 update notification on our phone while staying at oour mother's home. My wife used her phone app to download and complete the update(39.7). This happened around 5am. At 7am my mother turned on her tv and there was a notification that there was a Tesla update that was completed. This message went away in a few minutes.
Any guesses on how this could happen?

96s46p

Country
Country
Probably a feature of the TV or gateway that it can display notifications from a paired phone.

Country
Country
Thanks for your reply. I have decided that it is something like that. WOW tech didn’t have a clue. In the future, we won’t be doing any Tesla updates at our mothers house again.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for your reply. I have decided that it is something like that. WOW tech didn’t have a clue. In the future, we won’t be doing any Tesla updates at our mothers house again.
Did you forget the password to your other account?