User Interface proximity issue?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Blue Meanie

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had my Model 3 for over three months and have experienced only one recurring "issue": on four separate occasions my UI display freezes (either both panels or just the Nav portion.) On three occasions I was able to soft or hard reboot to restore functionality, on a fourth occasion I had to wait about 24 hours for the "navigation gps router" (I think that's what the Tesla tech said) to reboot itself.
Here's my question: Is it possible these four and only occurrences of UI freeze are proximity related? I only ask now after the fourth occurrence: each time this has happened has been after parking in our city's main park (Balboa Park) and only then. I have had no issues at home or anywhere else around town. Is it possible there is some kind of "interference" at or near the locale I occasionally park in at the Park?
Has anyone else similar experiences?

BluestarE3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is it possible there is some kind of "interference" at or near the locale I occasionally park in at the Park?
Has anyone else similar experiences?
Where is this park and what kind of interference do you suspect? Is there some kind of radio or microwave tower nearby or something?

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hard reboot. Soft reboot. What's the dif?
Hard reboot. Soft reboot. What's the dif?
Some say a soft reboot is the two scroll wheels pressed down until the Tesla "T" appears, and the hard reboot is the same plus the brake pedal. I've heard so many conflicting reports (from everyone including multiple Tesla employees) that I always just press and hold both scroll wheels and the brake every time... and hold them until the T appears.
I do this after every software/firmware update too... treating it like a PC that just downloaded updates and wants to restart.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I do this after every software/firmware update too... treating it like a PC that just downloaded updates and wants to restart.
It's been a while since I sat in the car to watch an update, but I think it does a reboot on its own after installing an update. That is, I seem to recall the screen going black for a while, followed by the T logo appearing.

Blue Meanie

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Where is this park and what kind of interference do you suspect? Is there some kind of radio or microwave tower nearby or something?
Balboa Park is San Diego's large urban park near downtown. I only raise the issue of interference of some sort at this locale because all four of my data points result from parking there. Radio/microwave... who knows, that's why I'm posting. ;) I should have mentioned that I have parked there a dozen other times with no problems.