V9 Features: Atari

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
for the big Version 9 release, we are going to have dedicated feature specific threads. Please use the MEGA thread for general fw discussion, using these for known specific features once the fw is being used.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No mention of Atari games on the V9 page, but on the Tesla Blog it says the games are hidden:

Classic arcade games from Atari are now discoverable as hidden Easter Eggs. If you can find them, your car becomes a game console with controls on the touchscreen and steering wheel. Happy hunting!

Who knows where to find them?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No mention of Atari games on the V9 page, but on the Tesla Blog it says the games are hidden:

Classic arcade games from Atari are now discoverable as hidden Easter Eggs. If you can find them, your car becomes a game console with controls on the touchscreen and steering wheel. Happy hunting!

Who knows where to find them?
No one wants to take the fun of you finding it away from you by spilling the secret!

;)

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No one wants to take the fun of you finding it away from you by spilling the secret!

;)

Rich M

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No one tell him.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Doesn't having a dedicated page for easter eggs sort of defeat the point of having easter eggs? lol

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Doesn't having a dedicated page for easter eggs sort of defeat the point of having easter eggs? lol
Unless it’s not there, but then again I’ve already seen screenshots showing it is right there ;)

Sjohnson20

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The games look great full screen but are hard to control with the steeering wheel. I can’t figure out how to play more than one game with full screen on either. Hopefully these get improvements over time. Lunar Lander was the easiest to play for me in full screen mode.

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The games look great full screen but are hard to control with the steeering wheel. I can’t figure out how to play more than one game with full screen on either. Hopefully these get improvements over time. Lunar Lander was the easiest to play for me in full screen mode.
Whoa, they SOUND great too (at least Lunar Lander--haven't tried the others).

I am happy that these appear to be the actual arcade games and not the Atari 2600 ports.

I was wondering how you controlled it while in full screen. Glad you mentioned it's the steering wheel. Now I'll have to figure that out.

One question though...I had been Bluetooth streaming from my phone prior to popping into a game. After I exited, my phone audio was no longer audible. I submitted a bug report. Anyone else notice this?

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I expect this thread to devolve into a high score competition...

Sjohnson20

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wish there was an HDMI in, I would plug in my NES Classic

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yay! Asteroids and Centipede! My two favorites. Elon listened to my tweet (right). Now I just need v9 to try them out.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yay! Asteroids and Centipede! My two favorites. Elon listened to my tweet (right). Now I just need v9 to try them out.
I'm not a fan of Centipede but I'll challenge you to the high score on Asteroids any day......well, any day after I get the update!

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was wondering how you controlled it while in full screen. Glad you mentioned it's the steering wheel. Now I'll have to figure that out.
Turns out this is not straightforward at all (and maybe even a little buggy)--and I don't think it's because I'm above a certain age where using a gamepad controller is second nature. I can't figure out how to move the Missile Command cursor at all with the steering wheel.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
love the Atari games but it really seemed like Pole Position was the game best suited for this car, and Elon even tweeted that he was testing it out. a bit disappointed it wasn't included.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
love the Atari games but it really seemed like Pole Position was the game best suited for this car, and Elon even tweeted that he was testing it out. a bit disappointed it wasn't included.
This is Tesla we're talking about. They never release everything at once, it needs to be like a TV series. How else would they keep us drooling for the next episode update?