V9 Features: Calendar

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
for the big Version 9 release, we are going to have dedicated feature specific threads. Please use the MEGA thread for general fw discussion, using these for known specific features once the fw is being used.

Country
Country
Is there an auto prompt based on calendar to nav or do you have to browse to it?

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Rich M or whoever else has the update 2 questions on this does it pop up when you drive?
the example I get in my car going to kids swim practice I already put the location in my phone's calendar it syncs up?
also, part 2 to this is there a preconditioning feature that says 3-5 min (whatever) before you have said appointment time from leaving your car preconditions climate control?

Rich M

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I turned off auto-calendar-pop-up, but there are a few options there on when to show the pop up.
I don't yet have any appointments with addresses in them.
There are no climate options to do with the calendar.

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I turned off auto-calendar-pop-up, but there are a few options there on when to show the pop up.
I don't yet have any appointments with addresses in them.
There are no climate options to do with the calendar.
Climate options would be really cool, but I think the car would have a tough time predicting when I am actually going to leave (Waze always thinks I'm leaving for certain events 4 hours before they start!) Maybe the best thing would be a notification in the app asking if it should start climate control (or snooze for a certain amount of time).

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@NOGA$4ME there is a toggle in Waze for timezone as well as alert before the certain time I would check that out... shame on the climate option, maybe in the future thanks @Rich M for answering that question I know it only takes 3 minutes to cool down everything but I think it would be a cool option

Last edited:

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
does it pop up when you drive?
(Tagging @teslafan9 too, since they asked the same question.)

Like @Rich M said, you can control whether and when the calendar automatically pops up based on time of day. Here is the settings screen (which also has some troubleshooting tips that I found helpful):

20181009_145055.jpg

the example I get in my car going to kids swim practice I already put the location in my phone's calendar it syncs up?
Yup, if the appointment has a location, you see the "navigate" icon next to the address, and you can simply tap the appointment to begin navigation immediately. (If the appointment has no location, tapping it has no effect.)

20181009_150805.jpg

There's also a button in the upper-right corner (by your phone's name) which lets you choose which calendars you want to sync, in the event that your phone syncs with multiple calendars. In my case, I have a Microsoft Exchange calendar for work, a Google Calendar, and my phone's built-in calendar, and the car shows appointments from all three by default. (Each appointment in the pic above is from a different calendar.)

Last edited:

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@NOGA$4ME there is a toggle in Waze for timezone as well as alert before the certain time I would check that out... shame on the climate option, maybe in the future thanks @Rich M for answering that question I know it only takes 3 minutes to cool down everything but I think it would be a cool option
Yeah, I don't think it's a time zone issue...and just to be clear, I'm not talking about a reminder to leave soon notification. Those happen about 10 minutes before I would expect to leave (as the settings say), but rather when I open up Waze when I'm leaving work (but planning on heading home first), it always asks me if I'm going to "X event", which I am a bit later, after I go home to pick up my wife. It just seems to jump the gun a bit on asking me if I'm ready to go to "X event".

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
ahh ok yeah mine does that too it usually is asking to confirm the address and it gives you waze points, once you do it goes away (or if anyone else on the facebook/invite does on waze)

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Two things:

So it seems like you can either have the calendar always pop up, or only during morning and/or evening (or of course never) as shown in @Bokonon's post. Well, I guess I can live with that, but it would be nice if it had a bit more intelligence and popped up a likely destination if and only if there is a calendar entry with an address that it detected which is upcoming. If there are no events (with addresses) coming up, then don't pop up the calendar. I mean I guess it's nice for people to see what their agenda is when they boot up the car, but I'm guessing that most people that care have already checked their daily agenda long before they reach the car.

Second: if your calendar has teleconferences in it, it does show that and it looks like it has an easy way to press a button to dial in to it. That's pretty nice.

But again, to reiterate: don't bother popping up a calendar if there is nothing upcoming that I can't take an action on (either an address of a teleconference #).

Bokonon

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, I guess I can live with that, but it would be nice if it had a bit more intelligence and popped up a likely destination if and only if there is a calendar entry with an address that it detected which is upcoming. If there are no events (with addresses) coming up, then don't pop up the calendar. I mean I guess it's nice for people to see what their agenda is when they boot up the car, but I'm guessing that most people that care have already checked their daily agenda long before they reach the car.
+1 to this suggestion. My scheduled meetings are infrequent, and when the empty* calendar popped up this morning, I already felt ready to disable the automatic pop-up. But I'd still love to have the calendar pop up if I had a meeting scheduled within the next hour or two, either as a way of quickly navigating to the meeting, dialing into a conference call, or just as a reminder.

* I did have a recurring all-day appointment set for today, so technically the calendar wasn't completely empty.

Second: if your calendar has teleconferences in it, it does show that and it looks like it has an easy way to press a button to dial in to it. That's pretty nice.
I'd love it if they'd thought of something like this. I'll test it out this afternoon with a variety of appointment formats (e.g. Webex invitation, phone number present in subject / location / description field).

Bokonon

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Check it out, @NOGA$4ME!

20181010_172124.jpg

Looks like the calendar does pick up phone numbers in some cases, and when it does, it adds a button to dial the number with a single tap!

It seems like the phone number needs to be somewhere in the appointment body in order for the calendar to pick it up and show the dial button. If the phone number is in the appointment subject or location field, there's no dial button. However, if the phone number is in the location field, you can tap the "info" button, and then tap the phone number (which is rendered as a hyperlink in the details view) to dial it.

20181010_174708.jpg

(Note: tapping the "Open Phone App" button doesn't actually do anything. I've filed a bug report this.)

The calendar also detects URLs in the appointment body and renders them as hyperlinks in the appointment details view. Tapping the link opens it up in the car's web browser. But don't try to join a WebEx meeting or anything fancy. ;)

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
:)

Sorry, I guess my earlier post was ambiguous. I was saying that I had noticed myself that it detected phone numbers in appointments and gave you the separate box to click to dial into it.

Actually, even more interesting is that I had a meeting in my calendar today with just a gotomeeting URL in the location field, and it still displayed the phone number. Not sure if it somehow went to gotomeeting to get the correct phone number, or if it did end up pulling it out of the description. I'll have to experiment with this some more.

But yes, I'm not expecting it to go over to the web meeting itself in the browser (although that would be amazing). It appears to be phone only.

Bokonon

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry, I guess my earlier post was ambiguous. I was saying that I had noticed myself that it detected phone numbers in appointments and gave you the separate box to click to dial into it.
Ahhh, I see! Sorry I misread your post.

That's very interesting about the gotomeeting link though!

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
this auto calendar pop up when driving saved me yesterday, so i love it. totally forgot my son had a hockey game, and when i get in the car i see the reminder of a game at 5:30. displaying the calendar can really come in handy sometimes for sure

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ahhh, I see! Sorry I misread your post.

That's very interesting about the gotomeeting link though!
I think it's definitely getting phone #'s out of the description in my car. It's grabbing phone numbers for Google Meet meetings as well.

hdgmedic

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Awesome would be Webex or GoToMeeting functionality that allowed use of the in-cabin camera.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So my calendar in the car says "Not updated". I have the app permissions set and checked every setting I can find. Did a re-boot on the car, the phone, turned off sync and back on. It's got old info from my calendar but will not update. At this point I'm just assuming it's bug or glitch that will hopefully correct itself, yes, we are living in the age of self healing cars now...LOL. Anyone know how to fix this?

Tchris

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
So my calendar in the car says "Not updated". I have the app permissions set and checked every setting I can find. Did a re-boot on the car, the phone, turned off sync and back on. It's got old info from my calendar but will not update. At this point I'm just assuming it's bug or glitch that will hopefully correct itself, yes, we are living in the age of self healing cars now...LOL. Anyone know how to fix this?
Yeah, I get that same message and haven’t been able to figure it out.