V9 Features: Easter Eggs and Shortcuts

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Mistersandman

Country
Country
Another find: Dragging up and down on music icon to move controls:
Dragging up on the up arrow to the right of the music icon also brings up the last screen that was viewed in that menu. So if you were looking at the browser and closed the window but then dragged up on the up arrow it would bring up the browser window again.

I butchered the explanation but give it a try and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Dragging up on the up arrow to the right of the music icon also brings up the last screen that was viewed in that menu. So if you were looking at the browser and closed the window but then dragged up on the up arrow it would bring up the browser window again.

I butchered the explanation but give it a try and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

That is a good find. I've also noticed that if you drag up/down on the music icon it will close out any other window and display music. Plus if you drag up on the arrow icon it will display the last window used. Someone, somewhere on here posted they didn't like having two steps to get phone screen. This would make it one step if that was the last item used.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That is a good find. I've also noticed that if you drag up/down on the music icon it will close out any other window and display music. Plus if you drag up on the arrow icon it will display the last window used. Someone, somewhere on here posted they didn't like having two steps to get phone screen. This would make it one step if that was the last item used.
That was me that's complained about the 2-step to the phone... :) thanks for this find, it will give it a go in the morning.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is another nice shortcut I've noticed, not sure if I'd call it an Easter Egg but close enough.

On V8 you could pull down or right on "Navigation" and it would set the Nav to "Home".

On V9 it does the same thing but defaults to "Work" when you are at home, or based on time (not sure which at this point). Just a nice swipe and you are on your way! Hopefully once calendar integration is up and running fully this will work for the next appointment in your schedule. That would make life easy!

Sandy

One obsession to the next
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is probably just new to me but with the car locked and plugged in rapid pushes on the charge handle button starts the T logo flashing rainbow.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Here is another nice shortcut I've noticed, not sure if I'd call it an Easter Egg but close enough.

On V8 you could pull down or right on "Navigation" and it would set the Nav to "Home".

On V9 it does the same thing but defaults to "Work" when you are at home, or based on time (not sure which at this point). Just a nice swipe and you are on your way! Hopefully once calendar integration is up and running fully this will work for the next appointment in your schedule. That would make life easy!
This was on 8 too. If at Home, pull down and it will put in the work address. If NOT at home, pull down and it will put in the HOME address.