V9 Features: Key Management

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

96s46p

Country
Country
Key management functions have been added in V9 (2018.42). This includes naming key cards, deleting key cards, and adding key cards. Presumably you can also do those things with fobs.

I tested it by deleting an existing key card and re-adding it. You are required to swipe a different authorized key card for both actions so you can't accidentally delete your only key card.

Good stuff! Thanks, Tesla!

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very nice to know and thanks for being a beta tester on that. I would like to know which key card is which and name them (no good reason other than I'm anal), but was afraid of deleting either of them. Good to know it can be done with one known good key card. Maybe new cards will become available to order now and then we can add them ourselves at home.

On a side note for comparison I can add "chipped" keys to my Ford pickup, but I must have 2 known good keys, not just one. So if you've waited until one quits working or you lose it, you're in trouble.

wackojacko

Country
Country
Wife thought she lost her key card so I tried to delete the key card but it would not allow. Called Tesla to do it but while on hold for estimated 35 minutes found it under the couch LOL.

Glad we can now do it ourselves. she thought it might have been lost while trick or treating so I was just thinking if someone found it, bam free car as they'd be in the neighbourhood and I'm the only Tesla I've seen on the block!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried to delete a key card (that was lost before delivery) but it asked to swipe the same card to delete. Obviously not able to do that last I tried three days ago on latest update. Maybe allow with yesterday’s “track mode” update?