V9 Features: Nav on Autopilot

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
for the big Version 9 release, we are going to have dedicated feature specific threads. Please use the MEGA thread for general fw discussion, using these for known specific features once the fw is being used.

fmcotton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like from Elonn’s tweet this morning that V9 is starting to roll out to everyone, but Nav on Autopilot is being held back for now.

Whole this feature is exciting if they need more time to get it right that is perfectly fine. I can’t imagine how complex this feature must be.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I spoke with another Early Access Program Model 3 owner this weekend, he said he has Nav on Autopilot and kept it even after a second V9 firmware update. Beginning to wonder if that is one of the key differences for Early Access people?

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I spoke with another Early Access Program Model 3 owner this weekend, he said he has Nav on Autopilot and kept it even after a second V9 firmware update. Beginning to wonder if that is one of the key differences for Early Access people?
SOME but not ALL early access folks, apparently...

evannole

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nav on Autopilot is “coming soon” per Elon

I sure hope that they have figured out how to incorporate both toll lanes and HOV lanes in navigation calculations. So far the system appears to be unaware that those two items combined save me up to 20 minutes each way on my commute, as it doesn't ever suggest using either. (I would be hesitant to use Nav on Autopilot on the toll lanes anyways, as the system also doesn't seem to realize that they are reversible lanes, as it sometimes tells me to make a "sharp left turn" - in reality, a u-turn - when I skip an exit it proposes that I use.)