v9 Sneak Peak

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th and still qualify for the $7500 US federal tax credit until December 31 for orders placed before November 30 as all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Its not a Model 3, but you can see that the v9 design basically unified the cars.

View attachment 14006 View attachment 14007

Source:

EDIT:

More pictures!!

View attachment 14011

View attachment 14012

View attachment 14013

View attachment 14014

View attachment 14015
Makes me wonder if the Model 3 will get the "Energy" icon with Version 9.

Most exciting feature by far though is Asteriods!!! It was always my favorite game as a kid (yes, dating myself a bit here). I'll challenge anyone to high score once that is out!;)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Makes me wonder if the Model 3 will get the "Energy" icon with Version 9.

Most exciting feature by far though is Asteriods!!! It was always my favorite game as a kid (yes, dating myself a bit here). I'll challenge anyone to high score once that is out!;)
Model 3 owners may be slightly disappointed given what I see here as we basically already mostly had v9 from a look and feel standpoint.

The top row layout changes (we saw that leak on the Tesla site by accident) and the bottom row adds a (...) to handle multiple functions from one spot... Phone... Calendar... etc.

Games!!! :)

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Model 3 owners may be slightly disappointed given what I see here as we basically already mostly had v9 from a look and feel standpoint.

The top row layout changes (we saw that leak on the Tesla site by accident) and the bottom row adds a (...) to handle multiple functions from one spot... Phone... Calendar... etc.

Games!!! :)
I know this is nit-picking but I'd really like the Homelink icon to stay on the left side of the screen. At least until the auto close feature works 90+% of the time. Right now mine only works 1% and I have to click the icon to close the garage. I've been playing around with it and it seems that if I wait a few minutes before leaving it works. Like the car has to boot up to know the car is leaving home.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Most notable changes: Whole UI overhaul. Nav waypoints. An option called "Drive On Nav" for autopilot. Improved responsiveness. MAME arcade emulator easter egg. Changes to the IC (no photos, sorry) show a more pulled back view, presumably for a 360-type view for AP visuals.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present you: Onramp to Offramp. ;)

RichEV

M3OC Supporting Member
Country
Country
The nav options (satellite, traffic ...) are on the right which hopefully means that the turn-by-turn will be on the left. Is the X/S UI already like this now?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know this is nit-picking but I'd really like the Homelink icon to stay on the left side of the screen. At least until the auto close feature works 90+% of the time. Right now mine only works 1% and I have to click the icon to close the garage. I've been playing around with it and it seems that if I wait a few minutes before leaving it works. Like the car has to boot up to know the car is leaving home.
Really? Mine is flipped with yours ... works 99% of the time.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I’m really looking forward to this update.

My take on the nav being more front and center is that EAP and FSD are going to mature very soon and rely on nav destinations so it makes perfect sense.

As for Model 3, if the web browser and energy graphs were on the list of features to add they would have done it by now. They have them on the new S and X cars with the Intel MCU so its not like they don’t have the code. Perhaps it’s some deliberate differentiation to keep them more “premium”. Who knows

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m really looking forward to this update.

My take on the nav being more front and center is that EAP and FSD are going to mature very soon and rely on nav destinations so it makes perfect sense.

As for Model 3, if the web browser and energy graphs were on the list of features to add they would have done it by now. They have them on the new S and X cars with the Intel MCU so its not like they don’t have the code. Perhaps it’s some deliberate differentiation to keep them more “premium”. Who knows
I’m very curious to see if highway on/off is exclusive to FSD. I hope not!

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Was hopeful they'd bring the browser to the 3, not really sure why, but just figure it would be easy to do. it's not like we don't all have a smart phone in our pocket though. Also using the browser will just use more of the LTE bandwidth, which they are obviously working to limit since adding WiFi, and charging for LTE, so I'm starting to think that the browser won't make it to the 3.

FF35

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Doesn’t look like there’s a whole lot of meat and potatoes there. I hope more gets added to the beta V9 that was described here.

If you don’t have FSD, the biggest improvement is Asteroids. I’ve stated this before, I wish they would stop working on useless Easter eggs and work on items that don’t currently work correctly in the Model 3.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Really? Mine is flipped with yours ... works 99% of the time.
Mine works to open the garage when I get home but not to close it when I leave. Does yours auto close every time you leave?

It was my understanding that the on/off highway feature would be a part of enhanced autopilot. I could be wrong but I'd expect Tesla to at least allow that. I have the FSD option so I'm very interested to see what kind of features will be released. I'd be happy if it just started reading red lights and stop signs. As slow as I expect FSD to react in situations like turning right on a red light I'm sure I'll be doing most of that myself. It will still be fun to see new things that the car can accomplish on it's own.

MarkB

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My logic has always been (except for parking and Summon) EAP = divided highways, and FSD = everything else.

Are on-ramps and off-ramps are part of divided highways, or part of everything else?

I'd expect this to be part of FSD because this sort of computing (getting into correct lane, etc) is more about planning. EAP (to date) seems more like reacting.

edit: Fixed typo.

iChris93

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine works to open the garage when I get home but not to close it when I leave. Does yours auto close every time you leave?
Mine works for closing the majority of the time, except when I use summon sometime in between parking in the garage and leaving. Are you using summon?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Was hopeful they'd bring the browser to the 3, not really sure why, but just figure it would be easy to do. it's not like we don't all have a smart phone in our pocket though. Also using the browser will just use more of the LTE bandwidth, which they are obviously working to limit since adding WiFi, and charging for LTE, so I'm starting to think that the browser won't make it to the 3.
I think I would only use the browser while charging which is rare for me. Do you see a wider use?

Doesn’t look like there’s a whole lot of meat and potatoes there. I hope more gets added to the beta V9 that was described here.

If you don’t have FSD, the biggest improvement is Asteroids. I’ve stated this before, I wish they would stop working on useless Easter eggs and work on items that don’t currently work correctly in the Model 3.
I think you mentioned this before and I replied the same way, but I completely disagree. I think the Easter Eggs and general fun stuff is part of Tesla’s magic dust. Most automakers can’t even figure out how to make and

Every time!

It was my understanding that the on/off highway feature would be a part of enhanced autopilot. I could be wrong but I'd expect Tesla to at least allow that. I have the FSD option so I'm very interested to see what kind of features will be released. I'd be happy if it just started reading red lights and stop signs. As slow as I expect FSD to react in situations like turning right on a red light I'm sure I'll be doing most of that myself. It will still be fun to see new things that the car can accomplish on it's own.
Agree, my fingers are crossed but I think highway on/off may be FSD exclusive.

My logic has always been (except for parking and Summon) EAP = divided highways, and FSD = everything else.

Are on-ramps and off-ramps are part of divided highways, or part of everything else?

I'd expect this to be part of FSD because this sort of computing (getting into correct lane, etc) is more about planning. EAP (to date) seems more like reacting.

edit: Fixed typo.
I see FSD as being “enter location and car takes you” which leads me to believe highway on/off may be the first FSD exclusive feature.

I do see EAP getting better on city roads though.