Vinyl Wrapping Door Handles and Mirrors

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

atlas310

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just wondering if anyone has attempted to vinyl wrap the handles and mirrors themselves. If so, any tips? I may opt to plastidip it, but wanted to take a crack at vinyl wrapping it first since I was going to do the chrome door trim with vinyl anyway.

Allb18c

Country
Country
Wrapping the handles wasn't too difficult. The good thing is you can hide most of the cuts and overlapping inside the handle. The key here is the outside to make sure that looks clean. As for the mirrors, don't even try it. I spent hours and hours trying to figure it out but I gave up with a pile of wasted vinyl. Paid my local guys to do it and it looks awesome. If you do everything but the mirrors the shop you pick should have the price based out of just doing that. Hope that helps.

atlas310

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wrapping the handles wasn't too difficult. The good thing is you can hide most of the cuts and overlapping inside the handle. The key here is the outside to make sure that looks clean. As for the mirrors, don't even try it. I spent hours and hours trying to figure it out but I gave up with a pile of wasted vinyl. Paid my local guys to do it and it looks awesome. If you do everything but the mirrors the shop you pick should have the price based out of just doing that. Hope that helps.
Do you have a lot of overlap on the inside of the handles?

atlas310

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Excuse the crap on the mirrors. No time to clean the car this week. As you can see they wrap around the entire mirror. If the shop you find say that can't do it, then find another that will.
How did you wrap the mirror base where it attaches to the door and the folding part?

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought a ton of vinyl samples and Avery Perl white was the best match that I found for white when I compared to a pearl white S that I test drove. FWIW the satin version looked a little closer than the gloss for some reason the way the light caught it, but a different finish so might not look as good when put on. Arlon Ultimate PremiumPlus Satin Pearl White Vinyl was pretty much the same color as the Avery.

remlemasi

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought a ton of vinyl samples and Avery Perl white was the best match that I found for white when I compared to a pearl white S that I test drove. FWIW the satin version looked a little closer than the gloss for some reason the way the light caught it, but a different finish so might not look as good when put on. Arlon Ultimate PremiumPlus Satin Pearl White Vinyl was pretty much the same color as the Avery.
This is the EXACT info I've been googling for! Just to confirm, did you install the satin or the gloss Avery White Pearl?

Also, I assume you got samples of 3M SP10, GP240, and SP240 (satin pearl white, gloss white gold spark and satin frozen vanilla, respectively) and those didn't match as well?

Last edited:

atlas310

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I did the rear handles on the rear, but I don't like having the folds on the inside. I will probably end up plastidipping the mirrors and handles.