Volume issues after reboot

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

SR22pilot

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After driving to get ice cream I got in my car and the screen was black. Putting my foot on the brake caused the Tesla T to appear and the screen booted but had trouble initially downloading for Slacker. Additionally the signal strength icon showed no cell signal. I always thought that was my phone's cell signal but my phone had a cell signal. After waiting a bit it jumped to full bars. Earlier I had noticed that I had no voice telling me turn directions. After putting in a route home I touched the gear icon and saw the speaker was muted. I unmuted the speaker and could hear directions. However, I noticed that the music didn't mute when directions were being spoken. When I went to get out of the car, the music volume stayed the same rather than reducing like it has always done.

How do I get my car back to where it was with music decreasing when I exit the car and muting when directions are give?

SoCalWine

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the issue is that it doesn't know where it is on sequence of events after reset while driving.

SR22pilot

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After rebooting, it takes a few minutes for everything to get back to normal. Just chill
Things were still messed up this morning and the car failed to close the garage door when I left. However, after a couple of shopping stops it seems it has started back working.

Rick Steinwand

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Things were still messed up this morning and the car failed to close the garage door when I left. However, after a couple of shopping stops it seems it has started back working.
Have you replaced your garage door opener with a LED bulb? That can cause closing issues.

SR22pilot

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you replaced your garage door opener with a LED bulb? That can cause closing issues.
No. It never showed on the screen so it wasn't that it didn't close but that it didn't even try. I have seen this before where the car is confused whether it is coming or going. Yesterday, along with the other things that happened, when I got home it opens the garage door but I stopped while still outside to put the trash cans back. When I started pulling into the garage it activated the door again but fortunately I saw it and scooted the car in before the door hit the car. Last Thursday i had false low coolant warning. It went away after a few seconds and hasn't shown up again. Tesla's attitude was that it was just a software glitch.