1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

What’s under the 18” aero wheel covers?

Discussion in 'Reserving, Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by everman, Aug 1, 2017.

More threads by everman
  1. everman

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Colorado Springs
    IMG_2303.JPG I’ve not seen much discussion about what kind of wheel is actually under the standard 18” aero wheel. I noticed a different wheel in one shot posted (somewhere) online that looked like a smaller wheel than the 19” spoked wheel we’ve seen on almost all of the release candidates. My determination is that it is the 18” wheel without the aero cover.

What do you guys think? Is the wheel on the white M3 the aero wheel without the cover?

2. SoFlaModel3

Impatiently Waiting
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Coral Springs, FL
    Country
    I think the jury is still out, but from seeing the RC cars floating around we saw 2 different 18s and the non-aero 18 appeared unfinished so that's probably what is under the aero cover.

3. Kennethbokor

Staff Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Caledon Ontario Canada
    Country
    Hi, don't know for sure. Trevor and I were told at the delivery event Friday that the covers were removable and they were not just plastic, but some other more stronger material. Don't know what that is. We also are not 100% sure what is underneath, but seems that what you point out in your pic of the white model 3 is what may be. This is all I got at this time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1