What Did You Do To Your Model 3 Today?

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know. This is painful. All the stuff ready to go, but no car. Getting ready for my Alcantara sunshade. If it turns out well I am going to do a second for the back window. Then maybe all windows.:) View attachment 5946
Very nice!! Can’t wait to see your finished product!
I have a center console stealth xpel from RPMTesla waiting myself. :)

@LUXMAN it is in my “HEAV3N” thread but it’s nothing major, just minor blemishes (a dent, a chip in the paint) getting fixed. I noticed them at delivery and Tesla picked my car up yesterday.
https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/my-model-3-heav3n.5943/

Last edited:

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very nice!! Can’t wait to see your finished product!
I have a center console stealth xpel from RPMTesla waiting myself. :)

@LUXMAN it is in my “HEAV3N” thread but it’s nothing major, just minor blemishes (a dent, a chip in the paint) getting fixed. I noticed them at delivery and Tesla picked my car up yesterday.
Great Posts there @Lovesword
I particularly agree with your description of the loaner. I hate it when I have to leave my LEAF and they give me ICE!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
B9732CC9-7983-44CF-B2E4-05EE260ED5B2.jpeg 013424EC-3ED9-4A1A-86F9-B2FF9E50A825.jpeg F781F3A0-33B3-472D-9B52-607F9AB0F271.jpeg So today, Ruby got the following done.....
Gorilla Wheel Locks
Wireless charging puck added (see the DIY charging thread on this)
Tint Added to sides and back glass and an “eyebrow” done on the windshield! The guys in Denton, TX did a great job. It was their first Model 3. Anyone in the area can msg me and I will give the details.
I did not tint the top glass over the front seats. I am waiting to see how I like it and if I want it darker

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So we got home last night and had to put these in....

They were a little more difficult than the Video from Abstract Ocean showed. The plugs were a tight fit. But once they were in there, they look great!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So we got home last night and had to put these in....

They were a little more difficult than the Video from Abstract Ocean showed. The plugs were a tight fit. But once they were in there, they look great!
Hey I recognize those! So very short wiring like I had?

72402221-52F7-435D-86F6-C102C986650F.jpeg

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey I recognize those! So very short wiring like I had?

View attachment 6560
The drivers side was short but the passengers was quite a bit longer. That did make it harder on the drivers side but the real problem was that they did not side in easily as they do on the factory lights. I was screwing with the drivers door for a long time. The window dropped and raised like 50 times before I got that plug seated. Now that they are in they look great but if they ever fail I will just put the stock ones back in.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The drivers side was short but the passengers was quite a bit longer. That did make it harder on the drivers side but the real problem was that they did not side in easily as they do on the factory lights. I was screwing with the drivers door for a long time. The window dropped and raised like 50 times before I got that plug seated. Now that they are in they look great but if they ever fail I will just put the stock ones back in.
Interesting — mine went right in without issue besides having to be careful not to lose the wiring back into the door.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Interesting — mine went right in without issue besides having to be careful not to lose the wiring back into the door.
Yeah I contacted Abstract Ocean about it when I couldn't get them in on Tuesday and they said...

Not sure what your VIN is, but ours is 74xx, and the plug still looks like the one below:

Does yours look different? My only other hunch is that the pins inside might be slightly misaligned, causing the plug not to be fully inserted, the first question in our FAQ here provides some additional advice: Ultra-Bright Puddle Lights. We do test every light before they're send though, so there's a slim change one has a PIN mis-alignment, but two would be exceptionally unlucky.

So I looked at the advice and fiddled with it. But the part on the light where the plug goes into is lightly different from the OEM. It was a tight fit on mine

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah I contacted Abstract Ocean about it when I couldn't get them in on Tuesday and they said...

Not sure what your VIN is, but ours is 74xx, and the plug still looks like the one below:

Does yours look different? My only other hunch is that the pins inside might be slightly misaligned, causing the plug not to be fully inserted, the first question in our FAQ here provides some additional advice: Ultra-Bright Puddle Lights. We do test every light before they're send though, so there's a slim change one has a PIN mis-alignment, but two would be exceptionally unlucky.

So I looked at the advice and fiddled with it. But the part on the light where the plug goes into is lightly different from the OEM. It was a tight fit on mine
Ahhh I was so afraid of letting go of the wire that I didn’t pause to take a picture at that point.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ahhh I was so afraid of letting go of the wire that I didn’t pause to take a picture at that point.
Oh, that is their picture from the Email. No, on the drivers side, I did not let go of the wire, but I don't think mine was in too much danger of being lost in the door as it wasn't wanting to slip away from me