What Model 3 Accessories Would You Like to See?

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
At Evannex, we now get hundreds of inquiries every month from future Model 3 owners who want to know what accessories we have planned for Model 3. It’s almost as if people on the reservation list are so excited about their reservation that they want to make it real by accessorizing—even before the car is parked in front of their residence

We also get a fair number of future Model 3 owners who communicate product ideas to us—some excellent, others, a little out there. We do take every suggestion seriously and log the best for further technical evaluation.

Initially, we’re focusing our attention in areas where we believe accessories will provide immediate functional and/or aesthetic impact. I’ve included a few simple sketches of some of those areas. (When vehicles begin to be released to the public, we’ll provide more concrete details.)

Since many of you have spent a lot of time studying every aspect of Model 3 and now that the final options for Model 3 have been announced, we're really interested in your ideas for accessories that might improve the aesthetics and/or features/functionality of Model 3. What accessories, if any, will you need to make Model 3 your own?

Roger P.
Product Development, Evannex

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
First, I want to say hello and thanks to Roger from Evannex for joining us! These guys are the absolute best and I'm very proud to call them close friends.

Please give them your feedback on what you'd like to see for the Model 3 and as I did on the latest Model 3 Owners Club Show, if anyone knows a Tesla employee who's taken delivery of a Model 3 and would like to help out Evannex and give them early access to a car for measurements please have them get in touch with Roger.

Now, my wishes:

1. Trunk organizer for sure! Make it like your Model X organizer with the partitions.
2. Dash alternatives. We know the premium interior will have wood but it looks like we're going to lose that on the white variant. I'd like to have the wood back!
3. Carbon fibre spoiler would be nice ;) Just a little one...

Roger, any updates on the rear camera water protector you showed me in February on your Model X ? :)

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
First, I want to say hello and thanks to Roger from Evannex for joining us! These guys are the absolute best and I'm very proud to call them close friends.

Please give them your feedback on what you'd like to see for the Model 3 and as I did on the latest Model 3 Owners Club Show, if anyone knows a Tesla employee who's taken delivery of a Model 3 and would like to help out Evannex and give them early access to a car for measurements please have them get in touch with Roger.

Now, my wishes:

1. Trunk organizer for sure! Make it like your Model X organizer with the partitions.
2. Dash alternatives. We know the premium interior will have wood but it looks like we're going to lose that on the white variant. I'd like to have the wood back!
3. Carbon fibre spoiler would be nice ;) Just a little one...

Roger, any updates on the rear camera water protector you showed me in February on your Model X ? :)
Tx for the welcome Trev. I hope to become a regular participant at M3OC.
To your question on the rear camera protector: It's a more difficult problem that you might expect. We've tried a number of design variants and approaches as prototypes, but none work well enough to proceed to production. Water pools on the lens and impedes rear vision. We tried mechanical protection and hydrophilic coatings without much success. I suspect this will also be a problem for M3 so we're continuing to look at it. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome from all.

Friedrich

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
... To your question on the rear camera protector: It's a more difficult problem that you might expect. We've tried a number of design variants and approaches as prototypes, but none work well enough to proceed to production. Water pools on the lens and impedes rear vision. We tried mechanical protection and hydrophilic coatings without much success. I suspect this will also be a problem for M3 so we're continuing to look at it. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome from all.
This might be a REALLY far out idea, but how about "blow drying" the lens with pressurized air?

Paul Torres

Country
Country
A few things are coming to mind...

1. Lug covers for the wheel under the aero covers

2. With the lug covers, center cap for the wheels as well

3. Classic "3 bar" badge for the back. Possibly light up like the "T"?

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Welcome and thanks for doing this.
In Ontario, we need front plates. Depending on how Tesla attaches the frame, something like the one you sell for the S would be awesome.
Agree about the aero wheel lugs nut cover and center cap. I plan on purchasing your safety lugs.
Based on what is in the 3, perhaps better interior lighting?

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Our needs are pretty much covered by the car itself, however for the center channel area I'll need an oversized cup holder. Also, a back trunk organizer for the lower section, I'll use the built in bag hangers in the frunk. And for days I want more sun shelter than the glass coating provides and top sun shade.

Watts4me

I like this idea. But for me,I'm planning on the white interior and would like to keep the white dash accent. My idea to you guys would be to carbon fiber the thin aluminum looking strip on each side of the white accent.

FunkyJunk

Country
Country
Maybe a discrete clip for the keycard, somewhere on the dash? Some sort of wireless charging adapter for phones that accommodate it would be useful.

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
This might be a REALLY far out idea, but how about "blow drying" the lens with pressurized air?
Not at all "far out." In fact, we considered something similar but were concerned about overall cost and installation complexity.

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
A few things are coming to mind...

1. Lug covers for the wheel under the aero covers

2. With the lug covers, center cap for the wheels as well

3. Classic "3 bar" badge for the back. Possibly light up like the "T"?
Many people contact us requesting your items # 1 and #2. Looks like folks are planning to use the aero caps only for long trips (to gain a range advantage) but otherwise go with the underlying wheels. We're looking at this.

On #3: There an IP issue with this, but it is a good idea!

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
Welcome and thanks for doing this.
In Ontario, we need front plates. Depending on how Tesla attaches the frame, something like the one you sell for the S would be awesome.
Agree about the aero wheel lugs nut cover and center cap. I plan on purchasing your safety lugs.
Based on what is in the 3, perhaps better interior lighting?
Working on front plate holder, but need a little more detail on the lower grill configuration. Hopefully we'll have that soon.
Hard to assess final lighting and needs for enhancement until we get our hands on the car.

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
I like this idea. But for me,I'm planning on the white interior and would like to keep the white dash accent. My idea to you guys would be to carbon fiber the thin aluminum looking strip on each side of the white accent.
That's an interesting variant. Like it. Do you think the accent should be offset with very thin brushed aluminum trim or just a CF accent?

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
Maybe a discrete clip for the keycard, somewhere on the dash? Some sort of wireless charging adapter for phones that accommodate it would be useful.
We're thinking about integrating a "clip" with a sun glasses holder, but we'll see how things develop.

John Slaby

M3OC Supporting Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Heavy-duty winter floor mats. Model 3 travel bag sized for the frunk.

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
Our needs are pretty much covered by the car itself, however for the center channel area I'll need an oversized cup holder. Also, a back trunk organizer for the lower section, I'll use the built in bag hangers in the frunk. And for days I want more sun shelter than the glass coating provides and top sun shade.
We've had a lot of sun shades requests for M3. We're on it! We agree that the lower trunk area needs organization; otherwise, stuff is just piled in and difficult to find.

Roger Pressman

Supporting Vendor
Country
Country
Heavy-duty winter floor mats. Model 3 travel bag sized for the frunk.
Floor mats—on it! We do get a lot of requests for a frunk-sized travel bad. The issue is the relatively odd shape, but there are solutions and we're looking at them.

Watts4me

That's an interesting variant. Like it. Do you think the accent should be offset with very thin brushed aluminum trim or just a CF accent?
In my opinion I like the CF only. But I do like your idea.