1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

What options do I need?

Discussion in 'Reserving, Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by aarons23, Sep 25, 2017.

More threads by aarons23
  1. aarons23

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Millerstown, Pennsylvania
    Country
    I am trying to decide what options are mandatory for me. I live in PA and currently only work 15 miles round trip from my job. Obviously that could change someday so I want to keep that in mind. I am trying to decide what all options I NEED to have and that I DON'T NEED to have. I definitely want the premium package for the full glass roof and heated seats. Trying to decide if LR motor and AWD is needed. We get snow in PA typically not too many inches but maybe a foot or 2 over the whole winter season. What are you guy's thoughts and what options are you getting?

• Like Like x 1
    • SoFlaModel3

Impatiently Waiting
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      South Florida
      Country
      Well I have a simple answer ... if you need the car ASAP (more want than need), you will need the first production configuration which is a minimum of $49,000 and is long range battery + premium upgrades.

For me it’s ...

Long range battery
      Premium upgrades
      19” sport wheels
      Midnight Silver Metallic exterior paint

• Agree Agree x 1
      • BigBri

Top-Contributor
        Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Toronto, Ontario
        Country
        Most people over value AWD based on experience with a conventional vehicle. With EVs you've generally got a lot of weight on the back tires so you're not apt to have traction issues where the rear of an ICE is generally just plastic now adays. You could easily skip AWD and just get winter tires if your concerned.

I see the larger battery as future proofing myself. The base battery could meet all my needs but over time it could limit what I'm able to do with the car. With the larger battery I could have it degrade 30% and it'd not be a problem and it'd take a very very long time to degrade to that point. My intentions are to keep the car for many many years and run it on the Tesla Network until it falls apart.

I'm intending to get the base wheels, LR, EAP and the premium package. FSD can wait until its useful.

• Agree Agree x 2
        • garsh

Dis Member
          Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
          Pittsburgh PA
          Country
          Concerning AWD, see this thread:
          Worried About Snow? Don't Dismiss Getting Rear Wheel Drive!

I'm in PA too. I'm currently planning to get a RWD First-Production model. I'm also planning to get a second set of wheels & snow tires for the winter.