1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

What's it like owning a Tesla?

Discussion in 'Reserving, Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by CabinetSavage, Feb 16, 2017.

More threads by CabinetSavage
  1. CabinetSavage

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Clayton, NC
    Country
    I am a 24 year old IT student and the M3 will be the most expensive and nicest car I have ever owned. Ever since I knew was Tesla was, its been a dream of mine to own one, as well as doing my part to help reduce my carbon footprint. For those of you that already own a Tesla, what is it like to own one? Trips exceeding the mileage of cars battery? Maintenance? Any issues? General experiences? Any fun or memorable times while owning one? I've heard it is an auto experience like no other. I'm beyond excited to be a part of the Tesla family come 2019.

• Like Like x 5
    • Badback

Valued Community Member
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Prior Lake, MN
      Country
      It's like winning an Oscar, eating a banana split and getting a hot oil massage, all at the same time.

Note to Trevor: I wanted to use a lot of mammalian body parts in my reply, but I'm getting old and forgetful.

• Funny Funny x 4
      • jman

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        shrewsbury, Ma
        It like riding a roller coaster that you have control of. It is like having a piece of mind that if you get into an accident you know you will be safe. It is the most expensive car we have ever or will ever have, and we are far from the only owners that can say that. The carbon footprint is a big part of it, we got solar panels before buying the car and I love that !!! You will drive more than you do now, not sure how it happens but it does...to just about everybody. The maintenance long term is SOOOO much cheaper than an ICE vehicle. The industry knows this is coming but are far from prepared for it.....Suggestions, get the biggest battery pack you can afford if keeping it long term, get only the ESSENTIAL extras you really want. My wife and I visited NC on a vacation and loved it, too sad to see the choices the state is making about the bathrooms though.....won't return until that is changed !!! I bet you will join the family in 2018 by the way.......

• Like Like x 3
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • CabinetSavage

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
          Clayton, NC
          Country
          Thank you so much for the reply! Your response was awesome and informative, and a pleasure to read! NC has grown a lot over the years and is on its way to becoming one of the leading states in solar energy!

• Like Like x 1