What's your mileage?

JDM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now that there are tens of thousands of M3's out there, I was wondering how many of you are putting heavy mileage on the car and if you've had any problems or issues? Has anyone hit the 25,000 mile/40,000 km mark as of yet? Wondering what that service costs?

We picked up our M3 on June 9 and have just under 20,000km. I suspect we will hit 40,000km well under one year. Here's hoping we get the 200,000 mile + out of the car. :)

My wife has about a 200km commute each day, add in trips for delivering kids to sports and activities and we can easily burn through a 80% charge on a daily basis. We've had two 1,000 km road trips so far as well.

So how many miles/kms does your M3 have so far?

RogerG

Country
Country
Just under 8,000 miles, but have 102,000 on our Model S. That has been incredibly reliable and low cost to maintain. I did an annual which was about 20,000 mile/yr. Cost was about $600 each. I was thinking that the annual was really not needed but did it since it was our first Tesla. I have not seen recommendations on Model 3 maintnenace and am thinking every other year.....

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
13,438 miles and 1 tire rotation for $15

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just under 8,000 miles, but have 102,000 on our Model S. That has been incredibly reliable and low cost to maintain. I did an annual which was about 20,000 mile/yr. Cost was about $600 each. I was thinking that the annual was really not needed but did it since it was our first Tesla. I have not seen recommendations on Model 3 maintnenace and am thinking every other year.....
That’s good to hear. Did you rotate your tires at 6500 miles for your model 3

Karl Sun

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As of today, my Mdl 3 is siting at 298 miles total.

Derik

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm at 9,391 miles. So far it's cost me nothing. Got my tires rotated for free. Been in for service to Tesla once due to an alignment that went out. They fixed my problem and didn't even charge me for the alignment.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
August 29th pick up date, 3,279 miles. However the next few months the rate will decrease significantly as I did do a nearly 1700 mile trip in the car

RocketRay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
4,890 miles since June 30th. Called my tire place to make sure they've got the jack pads for the Model 3 (they do). Spent about $17 on supercharging. So far I haven't noticed any change in my electricity bill, probably cause I've got solar.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
over 7k miles in 4 months. was getting the rated effeciency (RWD) originally, but with higher tire pressure and keeping closer to 70mph than 80 and now average around 220Wh/mi. even with the winter hit I expect over the year to average the rated efficiency or better.

babula

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just hit 1200 miles, picked it up Aug 22nd.

Overall I've enjoyed every single mile, still as happy as the first day I got it :)

Total charging cost so far is around $80. I use superchargers heavily because they are only a few miles away. Previously I had a V8 truck and I use to spend ~$70 to fill up the tank, easy to say that I've been saving a ton of money on gas recently.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
16000 since May 20th. From Arkansas my wife and I drove out to puget sound then a trip to Acadia in Maine. We camped in the car for about sixty nights this past summer.

The car is amazing. We spent 450 dollars at superchargers on our first 10500 mile trip.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
16000 since May 20th. From Arkansas my wife and I drove out to puget sound then a trip to Acadia in Maine. We camped in the car for about sixty nights this past summer.

The car is amazing. We spent 450 dollars at superchargers on our first 10500 mile trip.
Camped for 60 nights inside the car? Sounds too high. Sure it’s not a typo?

JDM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
over 7k miles in 4 months. was getting the rated effeciency (RWD) originally, but with higher tire pressure and keeping closer to 70mph than 80 and now average around 220Wh/mi. even with the winter hit I expect over the year to average the rated efficiency or better.
Nice! What's the rated efficiency? Never really paid attention to that, so now I'm kind of curious.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not a typo, spent 7 weeks touring out west, then another two weeks on trip out west. We had a tent with us only used it for one night.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not a typo, spent 7 weeks touring out west, then another two weeks on trip out west. We had a tent with us only used it for one night.
Awesome! Post some pics if you have them. Would love to see the sleeping arrangements inside the car for future reference. Thanks.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice! What's the rated efficiency? Never really paid attention to that, so now I'm kind of curious.
I think it is 242 Wh/mi (usable battery at 75 kWh / 310 mile range)

I've been under 220 Wh/mi recently, but last night on a rather gentle drive home pretty sure it was in the 260's with a little heat and some seats on. So temperature definitely will make a notable difference and it wasn't even that cold, maybe 50F.

JDM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think it is 242 Wh/mi (usable battery at 75 kWh / 310 mile range)

I've been under 220 Wh/mi recently, but last night on a rather gentle drive home pretty sure it was in the 260's with a little heat and some seats on. So temperature definitely will make a notable difference and it wasn't even that cold, maybe 50F.
Thanks for that. I'll have to pay more attention to that number. I've definitely noted some decrease in range now that the weather has cooled off. I'm eager to see what the impact of true winter will bring.