White Interior, Fish Bowls and Window Tint

Bigriver

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Took delivery on our Model 3 today and really loving it. Now it’s time to tend to the one thing I knew would bother me - how see-through the windows are with the white seats. Talk about living in a glass house.... or a fish bowl....

I definitely want to tint the side windows for a little more privacy. I don’t think I care so much about heat rejection or the roof/back, it’s all about wanting a little obscuring of the view of me and my passengers. But I don’t want a heavily tinted look either. I’m on the fence between 30% and 40%.

Is there anyone out there who did 40% and regretted it because it wasn’t enough? Has anyone done just the sides? Clearly there’s a lot of personal taste involved in the whole window tinting aspect, but I am particularly curious what others with white interiors have felt and done?

Rick Steinwand

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've got 35 front, 20 rear and 35 for rear window. My tinter wanted to do 20 all the way around. My front windows don't seem dark enough when viewed from the outside.

Last edited:

beastmode13

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Took delivery on our Model 3 today and really loving it. Now it’s time to tend to the one thing I knew would bother me - how see-through the windows are with the white seats. Talk about living in a glass house.... or a fish bowl....

I definitely want to tint the side windows for a little more privacy. I don’t think I care so much about heat rejection or the roof/back, it’s all about wanting a little obscuring of the view of me and my passengers. But I don’t want a heavily tinted look either. I’m on the fence between 30% and 40%.

Is there anyone out there who did 40% and regretted it because it wasn’t enough? Has anyone done just the sides? Clearly there’s a lot of personal taste involved in the whole window tinting aspect, but I am particularly curious what others with white interiors have felt and done?
I have 40% 3M Crystaline on all windows, front windshield at 70%. Should have gone with 20% on all except front windshield. The white interior reflects a lot of light which makes the interior more visible from the outside, even with 40%.