Who has upgraded puddle lights?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Who has upgraded their puddle lights? @PTFI I think I remember you did, right?

I just bought a pair of the Tesla "T" lights from Abstract Ocean for the front doors (rear I will leave solid white light). They are 15% with promo code teslatunity.

https://goo.gl/TD6qbt

EDIT: Abstract Ocean is awesome! Ordered at 9:59 pm EST and shipping confirmation at 10:44 pm EST!

EDIT: updated with current promotion and my install video ;)

Last edited:

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Based on that video, installation looks like a piece of cake! And I say that as someone who is barely qualified to operate a flathead screwdriver. :)

Definitely going to get something like this.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Based on that video, installation looks like a piece of cake! And I say that as someone who is barely qualified to operate a flathead screwdriver. :)

Definitely going to get something like this.
The hardest part appears to be making sure you don’t lose the wire after disconnecting. This should take seconds!

I’ll make sure to get good before and after pictures in different lighting as well to show case the results.

PTFI

FIRST OWNER!
FIRST MODEL 3 OWNER
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Who has upgraded their puddle lights? @PTFI I think I remember you did, right?

I just bought a pair of the Tesla "T" lights from Abstract Ocean for the front doors (rear I will leave solid white light). They are 20% with promo code teslainventory.

https://www.abstractocean.com/ultra-bright-led-puddle-lights-pair/

EDIT: Abstract Ocean is awesome! Ordered at 9:59 pm EST and shipping confirmation at 10:44 pm EST!
IMG_5707.JPG
I got these last October...I may order the 3 bars version from Abstract Ocean for the rear doors

teslarob

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got the 3 bars. Mistakenly took the blue protective sticker off the first one, when I installed the 2nd one with it on, I liked that the blue bars match my blue car! No pics yet, sorry. Yes they are super easy to install, and yes, the harness is very short, so don't push the connector up into the door panel :eek:

Vistan

Country
Country
I just installed the 4 light combo puddle light kit from rpm tesla ($50). The front door lights are quite bright and look like PTFI's pic above. Instead of trading out the rear door puddle lights, I installed the other two lights in the trunk. What a huge difference! All these lights are 6-LED...

Vistan

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I thought I was getting puddle lights today, but well USPS can’t make a package move 20 miles in 36 hours.

Today only has 7 minutes left, so I don’t think they’re going to make it...

98842C87-F6E4-4588-AB22-A986F062876A.jpeg

Pictures tomorrow (hopefully)...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@SoFlaModel3 - when you get them installed, it would be great to see photos from a distance, not just the straight down at the pavement shots that we mostly see of these

to get an idea of what they illuminate and look like from maybe 2 or 3 parking spaces away. :)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

PTFI

FIRST OWNER!
FIRST MODEL 3 OWNER
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Would you say the bars from Abstract Ocean are brighter than the Tesla logo (from RPM Tesla I believe)? In the pictures it looks that way. I think it may be a bit busy, my recommendation is bars on the front doors and standard lights on the rear.
It actually appears to depend on how many doors you have open at the same time. When only the front doors are open, they seem to be just as bright....