Why not just show mileage and state of charge?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Jay79

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agreed, just give us a toggle button to view both if we want. This would be simple for them, someone needs to jump on Twitter and tell Elon. When I someone I mean Trev ;)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agreed, just give us a toggle button to view both if we want. This would be simple for them, someone needs to jump on Twitter and tell Elon. When I someone I mean Trev ;)
or send tesla the suggestion from your car ;) "Report: please add the option to see both miles remaining and percentage for range remaining"

Jay79

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
or send tesla the suggestion from your car ;) "Report: please add the option to see both miles remaining and percentage for range remaining"
I'll try that, It will go something like this, "Report: please add the option to see both miles and percentage for range, oh and please send me a Model X if you don't mind" ;) They will probably turn my Supercharging off for a month as a punishment.

Country
Country
I stick with percentage for the battery gauge. The mileage number shown is just based on the EPA test range and is virtually useless, unless you happen to be driving under the exact conditions used for that test. If I want to know my predicted range I look at the energy graph. I would like the option to show the predicted range from the energy graph next to the battery symbol.

Bernard

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That would help, but it's all piecemeal. Tesla must be crumbling under thousands of similar requests, many of them probably incompatible with each other.
What Tesla should really do, sooner or later, is make the interface configurable by the driver, using a profile to store current configurations -- something one can do for any phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop...
Presumably some parts would not be "negotiable" (e.g., displaying current speed is probably a legal requirement; and reconfiguring the setup for the two sticks on the steering column would probably be a bad idea ;-) but that leaves a lot of room for screen display, thumbwheel action, etc