will Model3 be possilbe to haul a caravan?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Hi everyone.
Im the person who 've been waiting model3 in south korea. i want to share my wonder that model3 can carry a camping caravan. how do you think? i want to hear your opinion or facts about my wonder.

Thank you.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi everyone.
Im the person who 've been waiting model3 in south korea. i want to share my wonder that model3 can carry a camping caravan. how do you think? i want to hear your opinion or facts about my wonder.

Thank you.
Considering that Tesla has the X as the official "towing capable" Tesla and the 3 is smaller than the S, I would guess that it would not officially support towing anything in the 3. At least not in the US or EU. However, towing is usually a local regulation so. Who knows what would be allowed in your market.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Elon confirmed there will be a towing hitch option for Model 3. Maybe only for bikes but there's always a slight chance it will be class 2 capable.

Check out @elonmusk's Tweet:

Topher

Energy Curmudgeon
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Elon promised a towing hitch, NOT an accessory hitch (though we might get that as well). So, you should be able to tow with your model ≡.

Thank you kindly.

I'll be adding the hitch for sure. I use a small trailer to pick up drywall and plywood, etc.. and this is in a tiny RWD sport car. I'm sure the 3 will do just fine if you respect the rated weights (which we probably won't find out until late production)