Woman accidentally “steals” car for 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Brokedoc, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model X
    Country
    Most of us on this site are at least somewhat of a car enthusiast but many people around us are not.

I just read this article about a Canadian woman that accidentally “stole” a car that was a completely different model than hers, but the same color. She drove it for 2 weeks until she tried to return it to the rental agency and they told her it wasn’t the car she rented from them.

As funny/humorous/strange that this story is, I can’t help but think that there are a lot of people in this world that are not observant or may be a little less sharp mentally or whatever. Hopefully they don’t drive a Tesla and use Autopilot for what it wasn’t designed to do. Worse yet, hopefully they don’t try to “steal” MY car!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/10/canada-woman-accidentally-steals-car-for-two-weeks

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Lovesword

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    That is HILARIOUS! Thanks for sharing! Definitely an enjoyable, funny story. My heart feels for the woman AND the "stolen" car owner.

3. garsh

Dis Member
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I thought this was going to be about Bonnie.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model X
    Country
    I must admit that I’ve walked up to the wrong car in the past thinking it was mine but seeing strange stuff like golf clubs should have set off some alarm bells in her head....

Many people have gotten used to the new keyfob in many cars that you don’t need to take out of your pocket or purse. I can easily see problems with the Model 3 when owners using the keycard leave it in the cup holder and just leave their cars and forget to take the keycard....

I REALLY want Elon to make a keyfob for the Model 3 already.....

Model 3 Owners Club © 2018. All rights reserved.
Model 3 Owners Club (M3OC) is an enthusiast club and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or the Tesla Motors Club Forum (TMC).
All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.