XPEL Stealth Silver Metallic

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
She’s almost done. Had to drop by the shop since I was missing her so. Wheels will be powdercoated today and I’ll pick up the car Thursday. More photos to follow, but damn. The Stealth really makes the SM stand out.

Attachments

Country
Country
She’s almost done. Had to drop by the shop since I was missing her so. Wheels will be powdercoated today and I’ll pick up the car Thursday. More photos to follow, but damn. The Stealth really makes the SM stand out.
Hi If you don't mind me asking. What is the price range to have this done? I have this same color on my Model 3
Thanks
JA

Poppa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I know we've talked already, but AGAIN loving the look of the stealth on your car. For those in the Chicago area, this is work from Auto Image in North Chicagoland (Barrington.)

I will be taking my Model 3 there as well... as soon as I get it.

BTW JustTheTip, I know Jeff over there said he didn't have to do much if any paint correction for you, but was that included in the PPF cost? Also, how long has your car been there now?

larryt1026

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow thanks. I've been quoted much higher at another place, but they've done a lot of high-end cars and Teslas. Good to see another company in Chicago doing wraps that does it well. I have same question as Poppa. Also, curious to know if they did it correctly:
1. did they remove the badges or cut around the badges?
2. did they try and hide where the wrap ends by tucking extra wrap into the gaps?

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know we've talked already, but AGAIN loving the look of the stealth on your car. For those in the Chicago area, this is work from Auto Image in North Chicagoland (Barrington.)

I will be taking my Model 3 there as well... as soon as I get it.

BTW JustTheTip, I know Jeff over there said he didn't have to do much if any paint correction for you, but was that included in the PPF cost? Also, how long has your car been there now?
Poppa. He seemed to like me so any minor paint correction was part of the cost. ;)

I just picked it up like 2 hours ago and it's home now. I dropped it off Sunday so they could start working on it first thing Monday morning. 4 days. But it looks like I got in just before the rush. I'd plan on a whole 5 workday week. Here are some finished photos.

Attachments

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow thanks. I've been quoted much higher at another place, but they've done a lot of high-end cars and Teslas. Good to see another company in Chicago doing wraps that does it well. I have same question as Poppa. Also, curious to know if they did it correctly:
1. did they remove the badges or cut around the badges?
2. did they try and hide where the wrap ends by tucking extra wrap into the gaps?

Thanks for sharing!
Let me guess. Chicago Auto Pros... ;)

Well, their top PPF installer left and went to Auto Image. Something about charging customers more, and paying your employees less, but you didn't hear it from me.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Poppa. He seemed to like me so any minor paint correction was part of the cost. ;)

I just picked it up like 2 hours ago and it's home now. I dropped it off Sunday so they could start working on it first thing Monday morning. 4 days. But it looks like I got in just before the rush. I'd plan on a whole 5 workday week. Here are some finished photos.
Just gorgeous. Beautiful. Insert adjective.
Thank you for sharing!

Poppa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country

Jeff did say it would be impressive looking for your car and he did not lie!

Country
Country

The pictures outside really showoff the new wrap! Are the wheels flat black or satin?
Thanks again, fellow Silver M3 owner here

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Really nice. I am considering stealth white. I am also interested how they finish the body panel edges, do you see the glossy paint once door/trunk opens? Can you show us images when doors are open?
Thanks.

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Really nice. I am considering stealth white. I am also interested how they finish the body panel edges, do you see the glossy paint once door/trunk opens? Can you show us images when doors are open?
Thanks.
The door jambs and sills will remain uncovered. Doesn’t ruin the look at all actually. Edges are tucked anywhere possible, but any seams there will be will be invisible to the casual observer.

rickster

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Nice. Was thinking about stealth PPF for my silver 3 as a later-on sort of thing after enjoying the factory look for awhile (just doing ceramic and glass treatment for now), but not finding many reference pics for how it'd look. Now I'm wondering if I should call OCDetailing back and accelerate my schedule...

Poppa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Not stealh wrapped or a silver metallic, but picking my car up from Auto Image in Barrington where JustTheTip got his car done. Multicoat red with XPEL clear wrap and 35% tints. They really do good work there!

Attachments